Friday, January 28, 2011

Baked Alaska -- Yumm

First, Baked Alaska is not Sarah Palin with a suntan.

No...

Rather, it's my favorite dessert.  And I keep trying to pester my friend Meg to make it.  In case you don't know what it is, I've summoned Gordon Ramsay to tell you all about it below:


It's sponge cake, it's meringue, and it's a little piece of Nirvana with a crippling fat count.

If you make any...please send me some.  I'm a terrible cook.

Oh and thank you James for providing me with this link. :)

4 comments:

  1. It will happen... I'll make it for you, for sure.
    P.S. Baked Alaska is likewise not Sarah Palin on drugs. :) Although if she were half-backed, she might be less of an annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, you are more awesome than Paula Dean's cheese fudge sticks rolled in crushed nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Mike! Maybe I'll finally make this recipe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the Baked Alaska. Let me know when you have a hankering for it again. :) Next up either flan or creme brulee... gotta use up the left over yolks somehow.

    ReplyDelete