Thursday, November 21, 2013

Do Time Lords have control over their physical aging? Watch this 50th anniversary prequel and ponder it with me.

Below is a Doctor Who 50th anniversary prequel that confirms a secret of the Doctor's long-lived life. But after watching it, be ready to answer a question aimed at the serious Who fan.

Here it is: In the clip below, McGann clearly regenerates into a visually younger Hurt and we know he ages into angry old Hurt if you've followed the series. So, do Time Lords have control over their physical aging? Recall that Matt Smith's doctor took a long hiatus between the Ponds and meeting Clara but hadn't aged a day.

Yet for young Hurt to age to old Hurt that we're going to see in this weekend's Day of the Doctor, has a significant amount of time passed or did he just age himself into an old man? Seriously, this is the most important question you'll be asked this week.

If you do decide to take a stab at an answer, please provide supporting evidence.

13 comments:

  1. I don't watch this show but it all sounds confusing. Heard good stuff about the series though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And since I don't watch the show, I seriously can't answer that question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer as always is it's a bloody TV show and they'll jury-rig the continuity however they feel like to make the cast changes work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but I don't watch and can't offer an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can't say, but I finally caught up to the Doomsday episode. Man, that was messed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to come back and check this out on a non-Thursday. It sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a Who fan, but I am not that dedicated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate babies? Or something to do with K-9? That's about all I know and Daeliks. Exterminate! Maybe he caught an alien virus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of the few shows that I have not yet watched, but I've heard good things about it.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are most people unaware of this moment? There is no answering this question...it is a conundrum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh. The most important question I'm asked, and I've got no answer. Nada. All I can tell you is that I don't watch Dr. Who (despite the fact that it's a cultural phenom), but my sister and nephew are nuts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michael .. it's taking Britain by storm .. I never got involved - but can't help but pay some attention with all the British actors involved ..

    Thanks Matthew for alerting me to the Google Doodle - shows how much I will deviate off a screen when I'm on my way to do something!

    The next radio programme is one based on Dr Who!!! I won't listen ... but it's just been advertised.

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete