Friday, August 8, 2014

The Theory of Everything makes you consider that Stephen Hawking wasn't always crippled with ALS and had dreams just like the rest of us

I had no idea that anyone was considering making a Stephen Hawking biopic, so when I saw this trailer on io9 for the first time two days ago, I was stunned because he really is one of my living heroes, not only as an atheist but because he's so brilliant that it's difficult for me to comprehend his intelligence (and that in itself is awe-inspiring). I suppose November can't get here soon enough. And you know, it's about time we celebrated a scientist of Hawking's caliber. Afterall, a mind like his comes along only once in a lifetime. If you haven't seen the trailer, you should take the time to do so because it's awesome to see a young Stephen Hawking in love. And remember "Hope is Everything. Life is Everything. Love is Everything. There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope."

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I would love to see a movie about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew he had a life like that before the wheelchair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawking is awesome. Even my youngest son read his book and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I thought that was Dr. Who. Has he guest starred on that yet? That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going on my must-see list. I didn't know a movie had been in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definately a movie that I want to see! Thanks for posting this, I had no idea anyone was making a movie about Stephen Hawking. He's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This movie looks incredible. I don't want to miss it when it comes out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephen Hawking has surpassed whatever limitations he has physically and the previous theories of space and time.

    Eddie Redmayne is a perfect choice to portray Hawking. He is brilliant. (Les Miserable)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll catch it on DVD. It's not a theater movie for me. Unless it's going to be an Oscar nom movie, which I suppose they're aiming at, considering the release date.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatcha mean you had no idea? HOLLYWOOD SPY wrote about it many times in last two years..... we never miss anything on Eddie Redmayne....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm fascinated by people who massively outlive their diagnoses. For that reason alone, he's a champion.

    At the risk of expressing an unpopular opinion, as a former academic I feel a bit cynical about the attention he's gotten and some of the ways he's used his position as a famous person to present his research. My understanding is that he's taken to skipping the peer review process lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cool. I'm immediately telling my brother so we can make sure not to miss this film.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea a movie about Hawking was even being planned. I might catch it, but I hope the flick explains the physics he has explored because I've always had trouble understanding it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Years ago I saw a doc about Hawking where he would talk to his grad students and they seemed to understand him. His ALS has been a slow decline, and it's amazing that he's able to continue to work. I think it's the work that's kept him alive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a trailer. I want to see this movie too.

    ReplyDelete